Mission-Vision statement of our choir
Our aim is to exalt God by offering our voices and musical talents as a sacrifice of praise to tell of His salvation, grace, goodness and love.
Our goal is to prepare the heart of the congregation for the worship of the living God, and to touch the hearts of those seeking Him.
The fulfilment of our mission is highly dependent upon a sincere and earnest commitment from each choir member to our living God, His church and congregation, and to the standards of the choir, under the guidance of the choir director.
Purpose of our choir
And all the congregation worshipped, and the singers sang, and the trumpets sounded: and all this continued until the burnt offering was finished (2 Chronicles 29:28)
Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praises upon the harp unto the Lord (Psalm 147:7)
Praise and rejoicing
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise. Sing unto the lord with the harp; with a harp, and the voice of a psalm (Psalm 98:4-5)
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts (Psalm 139:23)
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing on another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your heart to the Lord (Colossians 3:16)
And he hath put a new song into my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord (Psalm 40:3 )
Choir performance excerpts and pictures
Choir throughout the time
- Love for God, desire to praise Him through singing
- Love for music and ability to sing or prove an ability to learn: newcomers may be asked for a little audition to evaluate their skills or their ability to improve
- Commitment to rehearsals (Friday evenings, Sunday mornings and at home)
- Allowing yourself to be corrected repeatedly and be willing to sing alone when asked to: this allows the choir director to know where you are having difficulty and correct it accordingly
- Have a positive attitude!
- Have a great sense of expectation / very high standard: Desire to give your all to this ministry!
- Punctuality: Beginning the practice on time means that everyone should arrive 5 minutes before the announced time, so that the actual practice starts on time.
Our choir, in preparation for the upcoming concert of the Montreal West Presbyterian Church! Come celebrate their 127th anniversary with us this Saturday, October 27th, at 5PM!
Posted by Cote des Neiges Presbyterian Church on Thursday, October 25, 2018